Ground Source Heating & Cooling Design
The experience gained during industrial research projects and the realization of geothermal power plants, in collaboration with DICAM and Saipem, ensures accurate analysis and reliable models.
Ground source heating and cooling design service provides the client with integrate design, construction assistance and management of large size ground source heat pump systems, where simplified methods and procedures cannot be applied. SERENGEO is able to offer a reliable design for ground source heating and cooling systems, thanks to:
- the coupled use of geostatistical mapping of the underground;
- the adoption of advanced design techniques;
- the use of numerical modeling.
The service is for public administrations, companies and stakeholders of the geothermal sector, as heat pumps producers, building companies, drillers and thermo-technical designers.
Projects and collaborations
- 2016. Feasibility study of a geothermal application for a small brewing plant
- 2015. Geothermal open loop application for the requalification of a fruit & vegetable market
- 2013. Feasibility study for a geothermal heat pump application for a house + greenhouse
- 2012. Reservoir characterization and geoexchange system design for feeding an innovative CO2 heat pump for Nuovo Pignone (General Electric)
- 2012 – 2014. Participation to the European Project Legend
- 2010 – 2012. Participation to the European Project Geopower (http://www.geopower-i4c.eu/)
- 2009 -2012. Participation to Geothermal Panel
- 2009 – 2011. Participation to IEA-ECES Annex 21 about Thermal Response Test
Last published papers
- Focaccia, Tinti, Monti, Amidei, Bruno (2016) “Shallow geothermal energy for industrial applications: A case study” Sustainable Energy Technologies and Assessments, p. 93-105, doi: 10.1016/j.seta.2016.05.003
- Al-Khoury, Focaccia (2016) “A spectral model for transient heat flow in a double U-tube geothermal heat pump system”, Renewable Energy, vol. 85, p.195-205, doi:10.1016/j.renene.2015.06.031
- Bruno, Tinti, Focaccia (2016) “Estimating Thermal Response Test Coefficients: Choosing Coordinate Space of The Random Function”, Mathematical Geoscience, p. 1-21, DOI 10.1007/s11004-015-9612-z
- Tinti, Focaccia, Bruno (2015) “Thermal response test for shallow geothermal applications: a probabilistic analysis approach”, Geothermal Energy, vol.3, issue 6, doi:10.1186/s40517-015-0025-5
► More publications
- Tinti, Barbaresi, Benni et al. (2014) “Experimental analysis of shallow underground temperature for the assessment of energy efficiency potential of underground wine cellars” , Energy and Buildings, vol. 80, p. 451-460, DOI: 10.1016/j.enbuild.2014.06.002
- Focaccia S. (2013) “Thermal response test numerical modeling by using a dynamic simulator”, Geothermal Energy, vol. 1, p. 3-14, ISSN: 2195-9706
- Focaccia, Tinti (2013) “An innovative Borehole Heat Exchanger configuration with improved heat transfer”, Geothermics, vol. 48, p. 93-100, ISSN: 0375-6505
- Focaccia, Bruno, Tinti (2013) “A software tool for Geostatistical Analysis of Thermal Response Test data: GA-TRT”, Computer and Geoscience, vol. 59, p. 163-170, ISSN: 0098-3004
- Giambastiani, Tinti, Mendrinos, Mastrocicco (2014) “Energy performance strategies for the large scale introduction of geothermal energy in residential and industrial buildings: The GEO.POWER project”, Energy Policy, Volume 65, February 2014, Pages 315-322 M.