Exploitation and Environmental Reclamation of a gypsum deposit
Client: Plasterboard and Gypsum-based building products producer (Knauf Ltd)
Location: Tuscany (Italy)
The project aimed at the exploitation of a complex gypsum deposit, with a varying thickness clay on top and anhydrite below. The site falls within a valuable hilly landscape.
- Optimize earthmoving activities in a spatially constrained site;
- Minimize the volume of anhydrite extracted together with gypsum;
- Minimize quarry visibility during and after the exploitation project.
- Regulatory and cartographic framework analysis;
- Assessment of alternative exploitation and reclamation solutions;
- Tasks scheduling and resource management;
- Slope stability analysis;
- Economic and financial investment analysis;
- Environmental impact Assessment.