Geothermal open loop application for the requalification of a fruit & vegetable market
The study is aimed to assess the feasibility of geothermal energy systems for satisfying the thermal energy demand of the fruit & vegetable market of Milan.
SERENGEO operated as consultant for NIER Engineering (partner of a Temporary Enterprise Network).
- Supply renewable energy for thermal loads of the vegetable & fruit market
- Gathering of hydrogeological data of the existing geothermal applications;
- Creation of the conceptual model of the area;
- Preliminary analysis of the thermal plume and short circuit between extraction and re-injection wells;
- Preliminary design of the open loop system.
Operating mode: heating & cooling
Energy peak request: 10.870 kW
Number of wells: 15 for abstraction and 15 for reinjection
Abstraction and injection wells’ spacing: 20 m
Abstraction / injection wells’ spacing: 13 m
Aquifer flow rate: 35 l/s
Aquifer temperature: 15°C