Critical analysis of an underground gypsum quarry expansion project
Client: Saint-Gobain PPC Italia SpA
Location: Calliano (Italy)
R&D program finalized to examine in depth the Mining Engineering technical-scientific aspects related to gypsum production from “La Pietra” underground quarry.
- Critical analysis of mine expansion project, with a specific focus on pillars’ geometry, distribution and size;
- Mine’s ventilation project review and underground micro-climatic conditions analysis;
- Critical review of gypsum deposit characterization studies and ore quality analysis;
- Technical feasibility study of multiple levels mining.
- Overview of the knowledge about mining site and gypsum deposit;
- Analysis of the technical reports (mining project and surveys);
- Geostatistical modelling of the deposit;
- Underground mine ventilation design;
- Qualitative analysis of the deposit;
- Room and pillars mining project review.