Exploitation and Environmental Reclamation of a limestone deposit
Client: Limestone quarry owner
Location: San Felice a Cancello – Campania (Italy)
The project aimed at the reclamation of an hill slope subjected to the extraction of limestone, through the morphological reshaping of the slope and the optimization of limestone deposit’s exploitation.
- Optimization of deposit’s exploitation;
- Environmental reclamation of the hill slope interested by limestone extraction.
- Regulatory and cartographic framework analysis;
- Assessment of alternative exploitation and reclamation solutions;
- Tasks scheduling and resource management;
- Economic and financial investment analysis;
- Environmental impact Assessment.
Cultivation method: Benches
Reclamation plan: Reforestation
Duration: 8 years
Two alternative reclamation solutions have been considered:
- Full morphological reclamation of slope hill
- Partial morphological reclamation of slope hill
Three alternative design solutions have been studied and compared:
- Full reclamation of hill slope and excavation using hydraulic hammer;
- Full reclamation of hill slope and excavation using drill & blast technique;
- Partial reclamation of hill slope and excavation using drill & blast technique.
Technical, Economic and Financial outcomes
|Parameter||1st solution||2nd solution||3rd solution|
|Total excavated volume (m3)||9.688.000||9.691.000||2.808.000|
|Average production (m3/y)||1.245.000||1.245.000||350.000|
|Area of intervention(m2)||372.260||372.260||271.215|
|NPV (discount rate 6%) (€)||129.105.199||128.884.289||35.418.253|